Blog Archive

Sunday, September 14, 2003
Neutron bomb in Paris Bombe à neutrons à Paris
That's right, a human bomb. When she hits the stage the audience will vanish but the building will still be standing. Yoko Ono will strip naked (my eyes, my eyes!) for peace this Monday evening in a Paris theatre in a replay of her 'Cut Piece' performance first perpetuated in 1964. Here is the paid advertisement she placed in Libération this past Thursday to promote the disaster. Notice her reference to enabler of Palestinian terrorism Rachel Corrie:

The events that have occured since 9-11 have made me terribly vulnerable, as if the slightest breeze could make me cry.

I had the impression that all of my ideals were swept away, but nevertheless I continued to stand by my convictions.

The media provided us with the news that they saw fit to report to us. Faceless men were at work. Brute strength and intimidation were in vogue, people were silenced.

I had always thought that I would want to live forever and not be afraid of doing so. But can I truly want to live in the world the now surrounds us?

Some of us have gone to Palestine to be human shields. This gester has touched me deeply. If we could all do as much without machine gunning each other... I immediately thought of joining them. I almost did.

The world then learned of the death of Rachel Corrie. She took a stand, in all of our names.

Cut Piece is an expression for my hope for world peace. Today is a special day for me. As is every day. I've decide to relish each instant.

I was shaken and angry when I completed the performance for the first time in 1964. This time, I am doing it out of love for you, me, and the world.

Come and cut a piece of my clothing, anywhere you like, a piece no larger than a postcard, and send it to your loved one.

My body is the scar of my mind.

See you soon.

y.o.
summer 2003

Cut Piece, 15 September 2003, Ranelagh Theatre, 7PM
live show organized with the cooperation of the Museum of Modern Art of Paris

C'est bien ça, une bombe humaine. Dès qu'elle se foutra sous les projos, les spectateurs disparaitront mais l'immeuble sera toujours debout. Yoko Ono va se foutre à poil (putain, mes yeux!) au nom de la paix ce lundi soir dans un théâtre parisien dans un 'Cut Piece' redux qu'elle avait infligé sur un public pour la première fois en 1964. Voici la publicité qu'elle a mise dans Libé ce jeudi dernier. Notez bien qu'elle fait référence à Rachel Corrie qui facilitait le travail des terroristes palestiniens:

Les changements intervenus durant l'année ayant suivi 11 septembre m'ont rendue terriblement vulnérable, comme si la plus légère brise pouvait me faire pleurer.

J'avais l'impression que tous mes idéaux avaient été balayés d'un coup, et pourtant je continuais à défendre mes convictions.

Les médias nous prodiguaient les informations qu'ils souhaitaient nous donner, blessant nos sensibiltiés. Des hommes sans visage étaient à l'oeuvre. Force et intimidation étaient dans l'air du temps, les gens réduits au silence.

J'ai toujours pensé vouloir vivre éternellement et être de ceux que cela n'effraie pas. Mais puis-je vraiment désirer vivre dans un monde comme celui qui nous entoure?

Certains sont allés en Palestine pour servir de boucliers humains. Ce geste m'a profondément touchée. Si nous pouvions tous en faire autant en faire autant au lieu de nous mitrailler... J'ai tout de suite pensé à les rejoindre. J'ai failli le faire.

Le monde a ensuite appris la mort de Rachel Corrie. Elle avait pris position, en notre nom à tous.

Cut Piece exprime mon espoir de paix pour le monde. Aujourd'hui est un jour particulier pour moi. Comme chaque jour. Et je suis décidée à goûter chaque instant.

C'est bouleversér et en colère que j'ai accompli pour la première fois cette performance en 1964. Cette fois-ci, je le fais par amour pour vous, moi et le monde.

Venez découper un morceau de mes vêtements, là où vous le souhaitez, un morceau pas plus grand qu'une carte postale, et envoyez-le à celui ou celle que vous aimez.

Mon corps est la cicatrice de mon esprit.

A bientôt.

y.o.
été 2003

Cut Piece, 15 septembre 2003 au théâtre Ranelagh à 19H00
organisée live en collaboration avec Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris

0 comments:

Post a Comment